Monday, May 25, 2009

I Must Confess...

I CAN'T STAND THE BEATLES!!!
And now my boyfriend hates me.
He was going through the channels and there was a Paul McCartney concert on VH1 or something. And we started talking about the Beatles and I told him that I dont like them and now he's flabbergasted! I don't know why I don't like them.
One reason is definitely their little gay ass, faggity voices. I hate it. I know like everyone fucking likes them and whatever, I just don't understand what the big deal is. I think if I was a teen back in the 1960's, I'm sure I would have loved them. They began a revolution for music and without them we wouldn't have the Backstreet Boys or Nsync, and I'm pretty sure we could have done without them.
I'm just kidding, I guess.
They were a big part of music and they were very talented, but I just don't wanna listen to their music.
The Beatles to me, are like Baby Got Back by Sir Mix A Lot. It's "cool" to sing along when you're in a car with your friends, but I wouldn't bring it home and chill to that shit.

4 comments:

Sighfur said...

Considering they wrote songs that were politically influencial, personal to their lives, and used ground breaking song writing/recording techniques, you should give them another listen. Paul and John were probably the best melodic writers of their time and ours. Im not the biggest fan, but i know they are great, musically, maybe you dont like their voices, but dont discredit their ability to write/play some of the best music mankind has heard. AND I LOVE YOU, even though you dont have a substancial reason to "hate" the Beatles. The next time that Brittany Spears song comes on the radio in the car, and you start singing it verbatim, im gonna play a Beatles song, right after. Regardless, I Love you for being opinionated, and yourself. SOULJA BOY TELL'EM!

Tommy said...

Ehhhhh i love music just not theres theres no disrespect just couldnt get down with em

FRANKIE BEATZ said...

It's okay. I don't like The Beatles either. But they're so influential, they get their own Guitar Hero video game.

Jay_fever said...

WOW...if it weren't for them "we wouldn't have groups like nsync and the backstreet boys"...I almost urled when I read that. The Beatles and those groups aren't even in the same UNIVERSE.