Tuesday, May 18, 2010

No One is Exempt From Tragedy

This past weekend a guy that I graduated high school with was killed. I believe it happened late Saturday night. It's always so crazy when someone you know dies, but when they're killed it's even crazier.

But I'm telling you, this couldn't have happened to a nicer guy and family. That's what makes it so sad. Yeah, he might not have been involved with the right group of people but he was a very nice person. You never think something like that could or ever would happen to you, but infact, it could. No one is exempt from tragedy, heart break, or death. It sucks, but it's true.

So on that note, cherish everyone you love, let yourself be happy, and don't waste time being angry over small things that don't matter. Life is too short, and as far as you know, it could be shorter than you think. 

2 comments:

Beth said...

I hear ya. One of my best friends was hit by a drunk driver while he walked across the street in grade 11, and another best friend died in Thailand on a motor bike. It is tragic. Sorry for your loss. :(

Down Here said...

Hey...stumbled on your blog. Have you ever considered Jesus (not a just as a prophet and teacher, but as God who is a lamp to the feet)?

I've written about him on my blog...check it out sometime if you'd like! :)